Tuesday 18 June 2013

Always feels like I'm waiting for a date

It is kind of amazing that it was only a bit over 3 months ago that all I wanted was a start date. Now in what feels like the blink of an eye or eternity (depending what day it is) all I want is an end date. I feel like the whole way along flooring would always be the signal that the build was coming to an end. Today the tiling starts. Monday the carpet goes down. And yet an end date feels so far away. The crazy thing is we have had a fairly dream build, but I still feel so exhausted. I wonder if it is that the process is just emotionally draining or if it is the fact we are at the house every day. Argh I just want that date so I have an end in sight.

On a positive we received our bill from the electrician yesterday and it was a bit less than we were expecting. I think it is the first thing that has come in cheaper than we were expecting in the whole build. One less stress gone. We only have one more tradie bill to go and he is a friend so we aren't expecting anything too shocking.

Feeling a bit like Dorie. "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." Rekon I can sleep for the next few weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment