Thursday 25 July 2013

The Day Is Finally Here

We get our keys today! Yay! I can't believe how excited I am. I am very much struggling to be at work at the moment. We have probably packed about 75% of the unit and have a moving plan in place. We get the keys at 3pm and will have the car full of curtains, rods and blinds. Jas will start putting those up while I start doing trips moving all of the small and light items from the unit to the house. Thankfully we only live about 5 mins from the house so lots of little trips isn't an issue. We figure if we can get most of the small stuff out of the way tonight it will be easier to move the bigger stuff tomorrow.

The house was pretty much fully repainted yesterday and isn't looking so bad now. There is still some dodgy bits but at this stage any improvement will do. I am planning on fixing the paint myself when we move in. Yes I am serious that I can do a better job. Particularly on our skirting boards. Splashback gets fixed today. Electricians are finishing the kitchen powerpoints when that happens and we should be pretty good to go. 7 hrs and counting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment